Release Date: 2004-09-24
Adiscon today announces the immediate availability of EventReporter 7.0 Beta 1. We are proud to announce the first public beta of our leading event log monitoring product. In its 7th incarnation, we provide even more useful enhancements:
- Custom Event Logs – in addition to the six standard event logs (System, Security, …) EventReporter can now also monitor all custom event logs. Such logs are often generated by .NET applications.
- Improved EventReporter Alive Monitoring – EventReporter now supports the “MonitorWare Echo Reply Service”. With its help, EventReporter health can be actively monitored.
- Totally customizable “Write to Database” Action – this action has been totally rewritten and now provides even greater flexibility. Almost everything is customizable and fine-tunable to exact customer needs.
- Enhanced “Log to Event Log” action – now allows to fully customize event source, message text and event ID.
- Improved MBCS support – multi-byte character sets (like Japanese) are now better supported by options not to compress specific characters.
- New Bulk Reporting Options – EventReporter can now be instructed to ignore existing events either on the first or each startup.
- Greatly enhanced Configuration Program – there are numerous helpful additions to the configuration program, like full copy & paste support for almost all functions now, new shortcut keys, persistent treeview display and much more.
- Comments, Comments, Comments… – as our customers create more and more complex rule sets, comment-capabilities are becoming more important than ever. Now, you can provide comments for everything in your configuration, including filter settings.
- Of course, some minor enhancements and bug fixes.
For more details, please read the Version History.
EventReporter 7.0 Beta 1 can be downloaded from our download servers. Please keep in mind that this is beta software. It is not intended to be used in production environments.