EventReporter 5.4 is available immediately. The new version offers some important new features and also bug fixes.
- Log type is now being reported – the type (“Application”, “DNS, “System”, …) of event log an event is originating from is now being reported by EventReporter. This greatly simplifies identifying events.
- Syslog over TCP support added – together with a TCP capable syslog daemon like WinSyslog EventReporter can now even more reliably deliver messages.
- overwrite computer name reported – previously, EventReporter always reported the OS configured computer name. This was inconvenient if multiple equally named machines existed in different domains. For that reason, the computer name to be reported can now be configured to a different value.
- Event User now a filter property – easily filter events based on the user information (e.g. notify by failed administrator logins but do not generate an alert in other cases).
- improved setup – the full Windows GUI setup can now be executed on NT 4 pre-SP6 level machines). Previously, this was limited to engine-only installs.
- Some minor bugfixes.
EventReporter 5.4 is most probably the last EventReporter 5.x version. Work on the greatly enhanced version 6.0 is more or less finished and a beta will become available soon. Be sure to preview it as soon as it is available!
For more details, please read the Version History.
EventReporter 5.4 Final is available immediately. Download your copy today!