Adiscon is proud to announce the 11.3 release of EventReporter. This release includes bugfixes only.
The bugfixes are:
- If RawXML Format was used as MessageFormat (EventLog Monitor V2), we now include the Eventlog Message in the Node (if the message can be properly compiled).
- Hardened SSL transmission send or receive handling. This affects all Services/Actions which use SSL. Also hardened SSL initialization which could cause startup problems if multiple services with SSL were configured.
- Corrected SSL Error logging on connection shutdown.
For more details read the version history
Many Adiscon products (e.g. WinSyslog, EventReporter or MonitorWare Agent) are available in a 30 days trial version.
After this time, the Service will stop working and if you are not logged on interactive, you will not see an error message. However, an error message in the application eventlog is generated by the system. It looks like the following:
Event Type: Error Event Source: Service Control Manager Event Category: None Event ID: 7023 Date: xx/x/xxxx Time: x:xx:xx AM User: N/A Computer: MYCOMPUTER Description: The service terminated with the following error: The system could not find the environment option that was entered.
The reason why you get this error is, because your trial is expired.
The Service will skip initialization and the system will catch this with the error above.
What to do if you purchased the software, entered the license name / key and you still get this error?
1. Check the license name, it has to spelled correctly and to be case sensitive. Otherwise the license will not work.
2. Contact email@example.com for further assistance.