EventReporter 5.3 has been finalized yesterday and is now available on our download servers. The new version offers many enhancements and also some bug fixes:
- French language support – the client application does now include French menus and dialogs.
- Binary data contained in the event log records can now be (optionally) forwarded to the message receiver.
- Support for sending both email AND syslog messages for the same event. This is done via the advanced filters configuration.
- Improved Japanese language encoding. Half size kana characters were translated to a very uncommon format in any mode besides “System Default”. We are now using the more common format.
- Customizable email subject line – the subject can now contain actual data fields. Great for notifying pagers.
- Events can now be reported in XML format. This allows easy extension with new data fields as they become available. It can also easily parsed with most script languages.
- Category field can now be forwarded with the XML format
- Fully supports all Windows GUI XP features
- A number of minor client improvements – for example, the existing event sources can now be read out by the advanced filter dialog and need not to be manually entered.
- Added a feature to prevent syslog server and network overload by allowing to throttle the rate by which EventReporter sends out event reports (default is now around 200 events per second maximum).
For more details, please read the Version History.
EventReporter 5.3 final is available immediately. Download your copy today!