Release Date: 2002-01-21
This version (build 157) has been released to the public on 2002-01-21. It contains some fixes and major enhancements. It is part of all EventReporter download sets beginning at the build date.
- Binary data contained in the event log records can now be (optionally) forwarded to the message receiver.
- Support for sending both email AND syslog messages for the same event. This is done via the advanced filters configuration.
- Fixed a bug in Japanese language encoding. Half size kana characters were improperly translated in any mode besides “System Default”.
- Customizable email subject line – the subject can now contain actual data fields. Great for notifying pagers.
- Events can now be reported in XML format. This allows easy extension with new data fields as they become available. It can also easily parsed with most script languages.
- With the XML format, the category field of the event log can be forwarded
- French language support in the EventReporter client
- This release fully supports all feature of Windows XP and has received the “Designed for Windows XP” logo from Microsoft.
- A number of client improvements – for example, the existing event sources can now be read out by the advanced filter dialog and need not to be manually entered.
- French language support for the EventReporter client
- Added a feature to prevent syslog server and network overload by allowing to throttle the rate by which EventReporter sends out event reports (default is now around 200 events per second maximum).