Release Date: 2005-09-14
Build-IDs: Service 220.127.116.112, Client 18.104.22.168
New Minor Additions
- Store Filter ResultsIf a filter matches, you can now store the result of the match into a custom property. This custom property can be used in Actions later.
- Enhanced Debug LoggingSupport for circular Debuglogging has been added as the debuglog can increase and increase over time. This will avoid an accidential overload of the harddisk.
- Send Email ActionSupport for multiple recipients in the address line hasbeen added. These multiple recipients can be delimited by space, comma or semicolon.
- Japanese character handlingOn Japanese Systems, the character handling is different and if you experience problems with the encoding of received messages, kindly turn on the new Option “Special Unicode Conversion for Japanese Systems”.
- Property Replacer Option“convgermuml” for “Convert German Umlauts” as been added. If present, any German Umlauts and “�” will be changed to their official replacement (e.g � –> Ae, � –> ss).
- EventLog Monitor PrioritiesThe Priority Mapping is now configurable for each EventLogType.
- Fully XML Export&Import of SettingsIt is now possible to save the whole configuration as XML. You can edit this XML, duplicate Services, Rules or Actions and reimport the Settings. This is very useful to sort and order large configurations.
- Service GuidsServices which save Data into the registry to mark their current processing state (such as the EventLog Monitor) now have Guids. These Guids are generated on Service Startup, old data settings will automatically be converted. This avoids problems which occurred in the past when deleting or duplicating services.
- SetProperty ActionYou can now set every property and custom properties using this action.
- Send Email Action– When the connection to a SMTP Server was closed unexpected, this could cause program termination of MWAgent. The error handling has been enhanced to avoid this.
– Fixed a memory leak that was caused by invalid SMTP authentication.
- ODBC Error HandlingUnder stress circumstances, MSSQL/MySQL Database Servers can die while writing into the database. Additional error handling to handle such cases gracefully have been added. However there is not much MWAgent can do about it then retrying and if you experiencing such problems, it might be a good Idea to upgrade the database machine.
- General Retry Logic for ServicesIf a Service dies, for what reason ever, it is internally restarted and initialized to keep the MWAgents tasks running. An error will be logged in such cases.
- Bogus Error Messages during shutdownSometimees such error messages were generated on shutdown, this has been fixed now.
- Wrong time calculationIn some cases the Time was not correctly converted after send over SETP.