Adiscon today announced the immediate availability of the EventReporter 6.3 release. This is primarily a maintenance release, but it comes with new functionality. The following things are new:
- New Actions Added
– PlaySound Action can play a wave file once or more often.
– Send to Communications Port send any message to a configured Serial or Printer port.
- New Options Added – In Database Logging and Send Email Action.
- Skinning Feature Added – By default 5 new fresh skins are installed and can be selected. We have also created a gif animation which cycles the same EventReporter Client view in all Skins. Click here to see!
- Cloning Feature Added – You can clone a Ruleset, a Rule, an Action or a Service with one mouse click.
- Enhanced Client
– EventReporter Client Wizards has been enhanced for creating Actions, Services and RuleSets.
– Enhaced the filter form. Filters are automatically updated. and other minute changes.
– Introduced the “Property Replacer” and enhanced it features. The property replacer is a generic component that allows you to merge properties from the event processed to e.g. the email subject line or a log file line. It is a central component that is used as often in the product as possible. The idea behind the property replacer is that there is often need to specify a value from the event processed.
- Increased Useability – Minor other EventReporter Client enhancments to increase it’s useablility.
- Stability – Minor other stability changes.
- Bug Fixes
– Problems with files larger then 4 GB in the Filelogging Action – When you restarted the EventReporter, those files were overwritten from the beginning.
– The password in the database action view was not saved if encryption was not enabled.
– In the File Logging action it could cause high CPU usage when Custom Fileformat was used.
– In ODBC write which always persisted the NTSeverity as a constant value (4) to the database.
For more details, please read the Version History.