Release Date: 1998-11-01
This version has been released to the public on November, 1st 1998.
Beta 2 was a private build. Beta 3 contains some fixes. This version is scheduled to become the final release.
- Beta 1 lost a couple of log messages if there was a high logging demand. Beta 3 fixes that.
- Performance has greatly been improved by avoiding unnecessary writes during each iteration
- Fixed a bug which caused EvntSLog to stop logging when the event log was reset. Please note: this was not a beta bug, but a bug contained in all previous releases of EvntSLog.
- Fixed a bug which caused EvntSLog to become unresponsive during longer sleep periods (> 15 seconds). EvntSLog is now a multithreaded service.
- Location of registry parameters was incorrectly printed during service installation (evntslog -i). This was mere a cosmetic problem, but caused user confusion.
- Release history in documentation improved.