Release Date: 1998-09-22
This version has been released to the public on September, 22nd 1998.
This version is much improved. It contains the following enhancements:
- Multiple spaces inside a log record are compressed to a single one
- Control characters (like CR/LF) are filtered out of the eventlog messages. These characters caused truncated log entries on some syslogds.
- Syslog facilities are now supported. A separate facility can be set for the system, security and application event log. By default, all logs are reported to LOCAL0. Facility setting can be modified by 3 new registry settings: System\nFacility, Application\nFacility, Security\nFacility. These settings are the decimal number of the facility code.
- Syslog priorities are now supported. Windows NT event types are mapped to syslog priorities based on the following mapping table:
EVENTLOG_INFORMATION_TYPE ==> LOG_NOTICE;
EVENTLOG_WARNING_TYPE ==> LOG_WARNING;
EVENTLOG_ERROR_TYPE ==> LOG_ERR;
- Licensing via licensee name and license key. There is only a single executable for both the trial and the licensed version. This way, a trial installation can become a fully licensed one with even less effort.
- Support for the Compaq/DEC ALPHA platform